Small Home server - HDD/SDD

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 19:18:21 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 3:56 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, a USB stick will wear out a lot quicker if it's used as a
> root filesystem with /tmp.

Well, I've been waiting for Samsung F2FS for a long time, but still no
boot support AFAIK
http://www.techspot.com/news/50428-samsung-creates-flash-friendly-open-source-file-system-f2fs.html

> on the rotating drive. Note that a real SSD can go about twice as fast
> as a SATA 2 port, which is probably what you have on your machine, but
> it will still be dramatically faster than a USB stick.

But there are USB 3.0 sticks too, the difference is narrower then than
USB 2.0 ports :)

FC

Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un
Acto Revolucionario
- George Orwell