Small Home server - HDD/SDD

Edward M edwardmartinez1 at outlook.com
Tue Apr 29 22:28:37 UTC 2014

On 4/29/2014 5:30 AM, Mark Haney wrote:
> My $0.02.  IIRC, I don't think ZFS is supported (or fully supported at
> any rate) in linux.  I just did some research into that and couldn't
> find anything recent about ZFS support for newer kernels. Granted, I
> could have just missed it. If you want to use ZFS on that box for data
> storage, look at FreeNAS.  It's fantastic.  Of course, it would render
> that box unusable as a desktop for the most part, but there are
> various Linux distros that can be run in 'jails' on it that may or may
> not work for your needs.
        Hello,
        Because of license incompatibility zfs can not be distributed
with the linux kernel.
        However  a work around as been found by providing zfs as a
kernel module,etc and
        ZFS for linux is ready for wide spectrum deployment; from
desktop to supercomputers.

https://groups.google.com/a/zfsonlinux.org/forum/m/?fromgroups#!topic/zfs-announce/ZXADhyOwFfA
      http://zfsonlinux.org/