Fedora power management

CLOSE Dave Dave.Close at us.thalesgroup.com
Fri Aug 1 17:45:43 UTC 2014

I have some laptops running F20/KDE which, among other purposes, are
acting as gateways to a private network. Most of the time these laptops
are unattended -- no one is logged into the console -- but the gateway
function must continue to run so that remote users can reach the private
network. So I need to prevent these laptops from going to sleep.

It appears that KDE's power management function applies to the user
logged into the console. If a user is logged in, I can easily prevent
sleep. But if the user logs out or the laptop is booted by a remote
user, no power management seems to be active and they eventually go to
sleep.

Is there a way to keep the power management function active even when no
one is logged into the console?
--
	Dave Close