Perhaps off-topic -- multiple buffers in the command line?

Bill Oliver vendor at billoblog.com
Mon Aug 4 02:14:00 UTC 2014

I apologize if this is not Fedora-specific, but I've got a desktop question.  When I want to save some text, I'll highlight it and hit ctl-c or to copy it or ctl-v to paste it.  Is there anything analogous to "named registers" in vim that will allow me to copy into different buffers (or, in vim, registers) so I can grab and paste from multiple instances?

If it makes a difference, I'm running Fedora 20 with KDE 4.

billo