Affordable 802.11n USB dongle that IS supported in Fedora

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Aug 4 18:38:21 UTC 2014

On 08/04/2014 02:08 PM, Tethys wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 6:37 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
>
>> Since the primary use of this dongle will be on a F21 test system, compiling
>> driver might be a all too often process.  And it is for an armv7 box at
>> that!
> The raspberry pi people have a precompiled ARM driver for it, if that helps.

Not that I can tell.  rPi is an armv5 with the developers needing to
backport everything.  The F21 development is targeting the armv7.  I
have a cubieboard2; I have worked with the uboot support person to get
the uboot I need for it, as the only cubie currently supported in the
build is the cubietruck.  There are a scad of reasons why I selected the
cubie, though we are all a bit unhappy with the Allwinner A80 soc as it
seems they dropped sata support.  But the development is not done, so we
will see.