Re install Fedora 20

Rejy M Cyriac rcyriac at redhat.com
Wed Aug 6 13:32:17 UTC 2014

On 08/06/2014 06:58 PM, Rejy M Cyriac wrote:
> On 08/02/2014 07:57 AM, Roger wrote:
>> I have Fedora 20 LVM but cannot access it due to grub error which
>> defaults to grub rescue.
>> Can I reinstall Fedora without touching the /home directory on an LVM
>> please
>> thanks
>> Roger
> Yes, it is possible. During install, give the mount point for the
> existing home filesystem as '/home', but just remember to keep the
> checkbox for formatting that specific filesystem unchecked.

Forgot to mention that this is possible only if the current '/home'
exists as a separate filesystem

If not, the only way to save the data would be to boot into rescue mode
using the install DVD/USB, copy the data from the /home directory to an
external drive, and then reinstall the system, copy back the data.

--
Regards,

Rejy M Cyriac (rmc)