Command line for creating partitions

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Aug 7 20:51:49 UTC 2014

> It was fdisk that was complaining.

Those messages aren't complaints, they're just informing you.  (I'm not
sure any more, but I think that at one time the space between the end of
the partition and the cylinder boundary couldn't be used.)  I suspect
that at this point, the only reason fdisk still tells you that is that
none of the maintainers consider it worth the bother to remove that
code.  Sooner or later, somebody will get tired of seeing it and it will
go away.