running a specified binary across reboots

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Fri Aug 8 20:55:10 UTC 2014

On 08/09/14 03:44, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 08/08/2014 02:28 AM, Kevin Wilson wrote:
>> What is a good practice to achieve it in Fedora 20 ? there is no
>> /etc/rc.local in my fedora 20, and trying to add an entry in
>> /etc/rc.local does not cause it be be run across boots.
>
> systemctl enable rc-local.service

No need....

See the notes in the service file...

# This unit gets pulled automatically into multi-user.target by
# systemd-rc-local-generator if /etc/rc.d/rc.local is executable.

As explained in the release notes of an earlier version of Fedora.  All you need to do is create the /etc/rc.d/rc.local file and make it executable.