centos/fedora install without gui!

bruce badouglas at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 00:30:29 UTC 2014

per a number of different articles, one of which:
----http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2013/01/mke2fs-examples/

# mkfs -t ext3 -v -N 700000 /dev/sda6

appears to allow you to simply raise the number of inodes for the
given partition that's already been create

in actuality, it appears that you can achieve an increase in inodes by
either increasing the inode count, or by increasing the ratio...

I have no idea of the risks of either approach.

And I have no idea if you can increase the inode count for a partition
without increasing the size of the partition as well..