Where can I find SELinux knowledge

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Fri Aug 15 17:45:25 UTC 2014

On 08/15/2014 07:40 AM, Robert Moskowitz issued this missive:
> The setup is armv7 (Allwinner A20 based Cubieboard)
> F19 remix kernel
> Redsleeve EL6
>
> SELinux is coming up disabled, and I can't figure out what is needed.
> And no help on the Redsleeve list, as its heritage is armv5 and the
> kernels for them do not seem to have SElinux support, so no experience
> with enabling it.

Uhm, edit /etc/selinux/config and make sure you have

	SELINUX=enforcing

set and then reboot?

> Of course there is the 'age' mismatch of F19 kernel and EL6, don't know
> if that is an issue.

Uhm, it may. It depends on if the SELinux rulesets are compatible. I
think you'll be OK as long as you have current selinux-policy* and
libselinux-* RPMs installed.

> Centos7 for arm is aways off, so for now production is RSEL.
> And F21 is also aways off and F20 is a remix; I AM working with it for
> some cases.
-   I haven't lost my mind.  It's backed up on tape somewhere, but   -
-                       probably not recoverable.                    -