F20 is fubar

davidschaak1 at mobilicity.blackberry.com davidschaak1 at mobilicity.blackberry.com
Tue Aug 19 18:04:31 UTC 2014

As far as I am concerned the full system dvd is really not the way to install F20.

I was unable to choose extra packages after choosing a de without wiping my chosen de.

After the install, while it did recognize my ASUS N18 wireless usb nic, and load the right driver, it would only load 1 internet page or do only 1 yum install without a reboot.

It is good that the networking comes up on boot, however it would be nice, when the system encountered a nfs mount in the fstab, it would mount them before completing the boot process.

After installing firefox, which took 2 attempts, it took 4 reboots to install 4 addons.

The webserver, while it does start on boot up leaves a lot to be desired for speed of loading even after being woke up.

First thing I did was disable selinux and firewalld. I find that they are more pita than they are worth for a server that does not connect to the internet that often.

I tested the system with the kde spin and it worked as expected.

After screwing around for 2 days, I am convinced more of the adage 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Dave
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone powered by Mobilicity