Installing firmware for intel 7260

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Wed Aug 20 21:02:48 UTC 2014

The kernel info at the link is helpful in that it confirms that the 7260 is supported. Your modprobe command is the key. With all of the permutations I tried, that particular one never occurred :-) Of course, modprobe installed the firmware with nary a complaint. With this, NetworkManager permitted me to create an entry for wifi, although this did not allow me to connect, even after a reboot (modprobe config file in place)

The only thing that I can think of is that I mis-copied the MAC address at install time. Any idea how to find it?