HD Video editing

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Fri Aug 22 13:12:23 UTC 2014

On 08/22/14 18:49, Jonathan Allen wrote:
> Ed Greshko said:
>> A quick test shows that avidemux can edit the file.  I've not checked to
>> see if some components from RPM Fusion are required.  And, I've not check
>> to see if there is any loss in quality when standard defaults are used to
>> "copy" the video.
> For the ignorant among us, I want to copy/convert an MTS file to standard
> MPEG.  How can I do this?  Is this something avidemux can do?
>
> Jonathan

Description : Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting,
            : filtering and encoding tasks. It supports many file types, including
            : AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of
            : codecs. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and
            : powerful scripting capabilities.
            :
            : This is a meta package that brings in all interfaces: GTK, QT, and
            : CLI.

Yes, it can do what you ask.