4 USB TTL uarts on a USB hub - keeping them straight

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Aug 22 21:00:46 UTC 2014

I found out about the lsusb command.

It is reporting that they all have the same ID:

Bus 001 Device 034: ID 10c4:ea60 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP210x
UART Br
idge / myAVR mySmartUSB light
Device Descriptor:
   bLength                18
   bDescriptorType         1
   bcdUSB               1.10
   bDeviceSubClass         0
   bDeviceProtocol         0
   bMaxPacketSize0        64
   idVendor           0x10c4 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc.
   idProduct          0xea60 CP210x UART Bridge / myAVR mySmartUSB light

Though each has a different device number, but that is probably assigned
by the system as they attach.