ext4 error messages

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 00:54:58 UTC 2014

On 08/23/2014 04:02 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 08/23/2014 02:38 PM, jd1008 wrote:
>>
>> I am getting ext4 errors for that device (/dev/sdb3 which is only
>> mounted partition on that drive),
>> and even getting ext4 errors on /dev/sda3 which is the root partition.
>
> I took a quick look at the errors and really don't like all those
> mentions of inodes that are doubly allocated.  Have you tried using
> fsck on the partition?
So, it is not clear to me why there are all these errors, especially
since ext4 is supposed
to, by design, protect metadata's integrity in the face of such HW
problems (which I
am unsure what those HW problems are).

I will look for a way, such that whenever such inode errors occur,
1. mark the fs for a check upon reboot.
2. force immediate reboot.