HD Video editing

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 11:05:28 UTC 2014

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 12:41 PM, Anders Wegge Keller <wegge at wegge.dk> wrote:
>  Which video editing software is capable of editing HD video? I understand
> that there are complications wrt. patents, so I know I'll probably have to
> build it myself. That's not a big deal, but I'd rather not have to try out
> several different packages, before finding somethuing that's suitable.
>
>  The files are made with a Sony handycam (HDR-CX115E), and for reference,
> I've uploaded a short clip of raindrops on my patio table, in case there are
> more than one HD format to choose from:
>
> <http://wegge.dk/Sample.CPI> -- Clip information.
> <http://wegge.dk/Sample.MTS> (10MB) -- The actual clip.
>
>  I'd be happy to hear what others are using to edit similar files.
>
> --
> //Wegge
> --

A couple of months ago I needed to create a promotional video (~15m
long) out of a number of existing HD+ video clips + a large set of
animation I created using Gimp.
I tried a couple of video editors and ended up using kdenlive (from RPMFusion).
You may need to convert the input files to something compatible using ffmpeg.

- Gilboa