Fedora - client server networking configuration.

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Mon Aug 25 12:16:37 UTC 2014

On 08/25/14 17:33, Angelo Moreschini wrote:

> I need to o manage a computer as server, because this computer (the server) have to manage a ('subversion') repository on my local network.
>
> That means that I don't need ONLY the access to Internet for my local network....
>
> I need also that the client computers ,of the local net, need to TALK to the server computer of the local network, _in order to send and recive data from it_.

The subject you are asking about was a DHCP server on Fedora.  A DHCP server's main function is to supply IP addresses, DNS server addresses, and routing information to clients on the subnet which request it.

So, as Joe has also said, that function can normally be performed by a router on your network.