exfat on SD card getting mounted read-only

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Aug 26 04:45:39 UTC 2014

Tod Merley wrote:
>> my first guess
>> write protect switch (tab)

jd1008:
> I tried with the switch in the up and the down position and tried to
> mount.
> In both cases I am getting:
>
> WARN: `/dev/mmcblk0p1' is write-protected, mounting read-only.

Could be what senses the switch position in the reader isn't working.
Are other cards mountable as writable, in the same reader?

On SD cards, it's not really a switch, there's no electronics behind it,
it's just an object that's felt, or looked through, in the reader.
Rather like the record protect holes in old fashioned cassette tapes.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.15.10-200.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Thu Aug 14 16:12:39 UTC 2014 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.