F20 - What replaced start_udev - Re: creating 70-persistent-net.rules

fedora fedora at ayni.com
Tue Aug 26 13:20:05 UTC 2014

On 2014-08-26 15:02, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> It appears to be
>
> udevadm
>
> Which is so complex.  According to the man page 'command --reload-rules'
> does NOT change any device that has existing rules. So by that, if you
> change a rule, tough luck.  It is SUPPOSE to be automatic.
>
> I have tried exporting the dev-db and looking for the mac info.  But
> have not succeeded yet.
>
> On 08/26/2014 08:23 AM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> All the instructions I have found for 70-persistent-net.rules call for
>> running:
>>
>> start_udev
>>
>> But it is not on ANY of my f20 systems, arm or intel.  Something
>> changed.  Most likely related to systemd stuff.
>>
>> So any pointers would be appreciated, as I still don't have this working.

>>> SOmething like this:
>>>
>>> # systemctl list-unit-files --type=service|grep udev
>>> dracut-pre-udev.service                     static
>>> initrd-udevadm-cleanup-db.service           static
>>> systemd-udev-settle.service                 static
>>> systemd-udev-trigger.service                static
>>> systemd-udevd.service                       static

I reported the inability to change network-interface names in
70-persistent-net.rules as a bug on centos 7.
http://bugs.centos.org/login_page.php , report number 0007472

I was told to set the two kernel parameters

net.ifnames=0 biosdevname=0

after that, still in centos 7, the kernel did not change the
network-interface names any more, but still I was not able to rename them.

This may help also in fedora 20?

suomi