exfat on SD card getting mounted read-only

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 18:10:55 UTC 2014

On 08/25/2014 10:45 PM, Tim wrote:
> Tod Merley wrote:
>>> my first guess
>>> write protect switch (tab)
> Could be what senses the switch position in the reader isn't working.
> Are other cards mountable as writable, in the same reader?
>
> On SD cards, it's not really a switch, there's no electronics behind it,
> it's just an object that's felt, or looked through, in the reader.
> Rather like the record protect holes in old fashioned cassette tapes.

It is a slider about 2mm or 2.5mm long and almost 1mm thick.
When in the up position (towards the corner which goes into the controller)
it is supposed to tell the controller write lock off (disabled).
But it is not working in my machine because some bloggers say that the
slider
needs to protrude a little farther away from the body of the sd card in
order
for the sensor to turn off (the on-by-default) write lock.