exfat on SD card getting mounted read-only

Tod Merley todbot88 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 23:32:39 UTC 2014

Hi again jd1008!

A couple of things:

1. Be careful with the Dust-Off - especially with a new can.  Good to get
the tube so that it can be horizontal during the operation and do a short
"liquid clearing" spray before you go inside the bay.  The liquid form is
hard on plastic I do believe.  Be careful not to "tilt" a new can.

2. If you run lspci as root you will have access to the extended
information (no "Capabilities: <access denied>").  But be careful if you
are ever tempted to use the "-x" option this way.  Some segments of memory
even accessed can change things in some boxes although it is rare anymore.

3. The first part of the journalctl -f results seem to be talking about
problems with updates.  You might try an "sudo yum update" in a terminal
and watch what is going on.  An update problem could "cause" a port problem
by a bug fix not getting to you - and - the particular device in your box
seems to be well talked about in the linux problem sphere.

I will try to get some time to look at the rest of the "fail" problems in
the journalctl -f results later today or tomorrow.

Have a lot of fun!!!