Fedora 20 , Problems , Problems and Problems.

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Aug 27 18:53:06 UTC 2014

On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 11:35:13 -0400
Tom Horsley <horsley1953 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 09:12:57 -0600
> Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>
> > > When rebooting I get the message : [429.0649464] watchdog
> > > watchdog0: watchdog did not stop !
> >
> > Odd. Watchdog shouldn't be enabled by default. Did you configure it
> > any?
>
> I've gotten that every time I rebooted for a long time, going
> back to at least f18 I think. It never seems to hurt anything
> other than maybe taking an extra second or so at the end of
> the reboot sequence.

Huh. I see it here too, so I did a bit of digging.

it's actually systemd. It fires up the kernel watchdog and sets a
10minute timeout. Then it does some more things. If any of them hang,
10min later the watchdog reboots your machine instead of it hanging
forever.

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1372562#p1372562

seems to be a good summary. ;)

You learn something every day (if you are lucky).

kevin