Chrome not exiting

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Thu Aug 28 00:12:55 UTC 2014

On 08/27/2014 04:20 PM, Steven Stern issued this missive:
> On 08/27/2014 05:31 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> On 08/28/14 05:13, Steven Stern wrote:
>>> Since I posted it, of course, has not recurred. But if it does, I'll
>>> report back and post a bug on the dev-channel.
>>
>> It will come back.  It does the same thing on my system.  Haven't figured out what triggers it.  It can be a bit annoying.  I use killall /opt/google/chrome/chrome and that does the trick.
>>

> It seems like if I open chrome then quite within a minute or so, it goes
> wacky. If I leave it open for a long time (hours) it closes OK.  I
> wonder if it has something to do with synchronization.

Silly thought...are you having it log into Google+ or Google Chrome
when it starts up? That might delay a shutdown if you don't log out
first.

I never seem to have a problem with Chrome shutting down when I close
all the tabs/windows and such, but I also don't let it automatically
log into Google's stuff. I never do ANY auto-login stuff.
- "People tell me I look at the dark side.  That's not true.  I have -
-   the heart of a small boy......in a jar right here on my desk."   -
-                                                    -- Stephen King -