Fedora 21 release schedule, etc.

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Aug 28 13:34:08 UTC 2014

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 00:48:06 -0700
Jonathan Ryshpan <jonrysh at pacbell.net> wrote:

> Up to Fedora 21, releases have occurred at roughly 6 month intervals.
> Fedora 21 is scheduled to be released about 11 months after Fedora 20.
> Is the intention to schedule future releases at roughly 12 month
> intervals, or is the long interval for Fedora 21 only (or whatever)?

The long Fedora 21 cycle was to allow time for bringing up tools like
QA's taskotron and rework deliverables to add Server/Workstation/Cloud
products.

I expect we will go back to a 6 month cycle with f22.

> Will Fedora 20 be supported till Fedora 22 is released, or for about
> 13 months after it was released, i.e. about January 2015 (or
> whatever)?

Right now as far as I know it should be supported until 1 month after
Fedora 22 is released.

> Sorry if this has already been discussed; I haven't been following the
> list carefully.

No problems.

kevin