Fedora on MacBook Pro: need to disable graphical boot screen

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 13:33:56 UTC 2014

On Sat, 30 Aug 2014 09:16:20 -0400
Where Where wrote:

> So I currently wish to disable graphical boot in Fedora.

I'm not sure which graphical you are talking about. The
graphics that display during the boot (the animated
fedora logo filling in and flashing white), or booting into
a GUI login?

For graphics during boot, remove the "rhgb" kernel
parameter in the /boot/grub2/grub.cfg kernel
entries.

For booting into a console login rather than a GUI
login change the symlink:

/etc/systemd/system/default.target to point to
/lib/systemd/system/multi-user.target instead of
/lib/systemd/system/graphical.target