Latest systemd news

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 16:27:39 UTC 2014

Hi

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 10:49 AM, Lars E. Pettersson  wrote:

> My question was "What part(s) of the systemd suite has not been adopted".
> Note the not part.

Yes.  I understood that fine.  I was pointing out which parts have been
adopted so you can count the rest as not adopted.  There are several
different components which haven't been adopted nor even proposed because
they are simply not yet ready or not general purpose enough to be used by
default.

> when they are actually proposed, a discussion about them would be
>> warranted.
>>

> I.e. it might very well be adopted and therefor a discussion about it is
> in order. Why wait for the inevitable?

That makes no sense.  You don't discuss developmental features of upstream
projects in a users list.

> This is not about a test or development release. It is about new
> functionality finding its way into systemd

Precisely why it is even more offtopic to discuss them here.  This list is
meant for helping users on general releases of Fedora. Any features that
are not part of the general releases of Fedora is not suitable for
discussion here.  We wrote up the list guidelines for a reason.  Please
follow them.

Rahul