Latest systemd news

Dave Ihnat dihnat at dminet.com
Tue Dec 2 01:31:27 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 01, 2014 at 08:19:47PM -0500, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Sure.  I wasn't referring to your post.  Your effort is appreciated.

Ah; thank you.  I really am tired of drama, and try not to contribute.

> I don't disagree with all that.  I do disagree that the current approach
> taken in the beginning of the thread does a good job of doing that.

I agree, but I will point out that incorporating systemd is an...extremely
controversial...decision.  And, the entire arena seems to be fraught with
extreme opinions.  Couple that with the fact that many here seem not to
have known it was coming, and the excitement is predictable.  Perhaps
regrettable, but still, this is the venue we need to address--it's the
precursor to what Redhat will run into as it rolls this out to the
industry.

> Red Hat and other Fedora Project volunteer contributors should take feedback
> from this list seriously and for this to happen, all participants need to
> work better on providing feedback in a form that is useful.  That is a
> collective responsibility and one that I find important.

Thoroughly agree.  Think twice, post once.

Sincerely,
--
	Dave Ihnat
	dihnat at dminet.com