Firefox 34 bookmark sidebar scrolling has changed

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Dec 5 02:23:53 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-12-04 at 08:21 +0000, Andre Robatino wrote:
> Firefox 34 just went to the F20 stable updates. The bookmark sidebar
> scrolling behavior has changed and I can't find any reference to it,
> though I probably just don't know what to search for. You used to be
> able to middle-click on the scrollbar to move it to an arbitrary
> position, or left-click on it to move it up/down one page at a time.
> Now left-click moves the scrollbar to an arbitrary position (same as
> the old middle-click), and middle-click does nothing. Is there some
> way in FF34 to scroll up and down the bookmark sidebar one page at a
> time?

I noticed the same thing with Evolution, long ago, that I can't simply
page up and down by clicking above or below the scroll bar, any more.
It jumps to what's essentially a random spot, since you have no way to
actually pick a specific part of the message list that you want to see.
You're pretty screwed if you don't have a mouse wheel and you want to
page through things.

However, Firefox is still working the good way.  And I never knew about
middle clicking in the scroll bar area, before.

Using Mate on Fedora 20, here.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.17.4-200.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Fri Nov 21 23:59:46 UTC 2014 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.