Firefox 34 bookmark sidebar scrolling has changed

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Dec 5 14:39:46 UTC 2014

On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 10:37:42AM +0000, Ron Yorston wrote:
> Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> >I noticed the same thing with Evolution, long ago, that I can't simply
> >page up and down by clicking above or below the scroll bar, any more.
> >It jumps to what's essentially a random spot, since you have no way to
> >actually pick a specific part of the message list that you want to see.
> >You're pretty screwed if you don't have a mouse wheel and you want to
> >page through things.
>
> It's due to a change in GTK+3.  Maybe Firefox has inherited this.
> I preferred the old behaviour.
>
> To get the old behaviour back edit ~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini
> and add this:
>
>    [Settings]
>    gtk-primary-button-warps-slider = 0
>
> Ron

That's one of the things (only one!) I can't stand about Gnome-3.x,
that behavior seems really stupid! given that behavior there's no way
to "page down" or "up" thru a file using the scrollbar. if it's a
loooong file, dragging the slider even a tiny bit moves you many
"miles".

I'm glad to know there is a way to "fix" it, even though I avoid
Gnome-3 whenever possible. Thanks!

                        The Lord is like a strong tower.