Discovering and controlling paps font choices

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Fri Dec 5 16:52:43 UTC 2014

Greetings,

I realize that it was sometime ago, but much thanks to whomever passed on
the advice of using paps in place of enscript, especially when
unicode/UTF-8 is involved.

Since then I've essentially stopped using enscript and am working with
paps.

However, I still don't have a good handle on how to control fonts; by
example, my standard commandline using paps looks like this:
paps --landscape --paper=letter --columns=2 --font="Monospace-Bold 6" SomeFileName | lpr -P MyLinePrinter

Using this particular font choice, gives me an Arial-like font, not
something monospaced. If I replace the hyphen w/ a space, I then get
Courier.

I've looked a bit both googling and the various installed RPMs to see if I
could determine the naming of the fonts, but with no good results.

Any advice in this regard?

Much thanks in advance,

Max Pyziur
pyz at brama.com