Remind GUI -

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 11:19:07 UTC 2014

On Sun, 07 Dec 2014 10:57:37 -0500, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:

> On 12/07/14 10:18, Bob Marcan wrote:
> > cp /bin/tkremind  /tmp
> > cd /tmp
> > patch < patch.file.name
> > ./tkremind
> >
> > BR, Bob
>
> Well, if nothing else I've learned that "patch" is a bash command and
> has a man page.
>
> But I am still doing something wrong:
>
> [root at box10 tmp]# patch < --- tkremind.ORG2014-12-07 13:28:30.822795726
> +0100
> bash: ---: No such file or directory

You are expected to give it the _filename_ of the patch file, NOT the
contents of that file.

Alternatively, you can also open the tkremind program with your favourite
text editor and edit it yourself to apply the changes you see in the patch
file. Lines in the patch file starting with '+' are to be added, lines
starting with '-' are to be deleted. Without the leading +/-, of course.
The patch only adds two lines to a procedure called SetFonts later than
line 2922, so that will be easy to do with an editor, too.

Reading up on how to use "patch" is highly recommended, though, for anyone
who wants to apply larger patch files.