missing font zgmb8r (for LaTeX) on fedora 20

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Mon Dec 8 14:50:25 UTC 2014

Dear friends,

I compile a LaTeX file and then see the following message when I read the dvi file:

Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion

kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+57/600 --dpi 657 zgmb8r
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for zgmb8r.
mktexpk: perhaps zgmb8r is missing from the map file.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.

Alternative,
$ dvipdf grant-2014.dvi
dvips: Font zgmb8r not found; using cmr10

and this provides a mess for boldface fonts.

Would anyone know off-hand where to get this from?

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on receipt. Please respond to the mailing list if appropriate. For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.