Most efficient way to upgrade a bunch of workstations

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Dec 10 02:04:19 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 09, 2014 at 09:01:22PM -0500, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Is there a single repository that I can keep rsync-ing regularly,
> and use it to upgrade my machines – to both workstation and server
> products – over a period of time?

Yes. The separate directory trees are really an artifact of the process
which builds the install media. Everything is actually under

https://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/21/Everything/

and all of the updates are shared at

https://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/updates/21/

In the future, we may go to a multi-repository model, but there are
a lot of technical problems to solve first (and many reasons not to).

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>