Raid 1 and Anaconda -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Dec 10 22:55:38 UTC 2014

On 12/10/14 14:15, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 7:41 AM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
> <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:
>> I want to install Fedora 21 Server.
>>
>> I have two "750G" drives, both formatted for raid, type "fd." boot 2G, /
>> 30G, home/ whatever the remainder. I did not create a file system, assuming
>> that would be created by the installer?
>>
>> Anyway, Raid is not being offered as an option.
> Starting at the hub (main menu of installer):
> 1. Installation Destination
> 2. From list of "local standard disks" you need to select at least 2+
> devices, i.e. they must have check marks
Did that.
> 3. Choose "I will configure partitioning', click Done which will take
> you to Manual Partitioning
Did that also.
> 4. On the left hand side of the UI you'll see an Unknown section you
> need to click on that to expose existing md block devices you created.
"Unknown" I had never clicked on that so that was a stumbling point for me.
> You can either delete these and have the installer recreate them
> itself, or fill in the blanks on the right. You need to set a
> mountpoint for each, and a filesystem. Device Type will be RAID.
For whatever reason Device Type is not accepting entry?

> screenshot
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_2Asp8DGjJ9c1dwVGZ3UEtLLVE/view?pli=1

All of that looks ok except "Device Type" is always grayed out and I
never get to select raid. I made /boot ext2 and the others ext4 and
/dev/sda seems happy with that but no matter what I do entries to
/dev/sdb are not accepted, and as I say I can't select raid and raid 1.

I set the disks up with fdisk but have not created any files on the
assumption that the installer should do that, perhaps I am wrong?

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD
box10  Fedora-20/64bit Linux/XFCE