pdftk

Jon Ingason jon.ingason at telia.com
Thu Dec 11 10:59:57 UTC 2014

Den 2014-12-11 05:08, Paul Allen Newell skrev:

> On 12/10/2014 08:02 PM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
>> On Wed, 10 Dec 2014 19:49:55 -0800 Paul Allen Newell
>> <pnewell at cs.cmu.edu> wrote:

>>> Okay, I will hope (and in a positive manner as opposed to sarcastic) ...
>>> but part of that will be in the spirit of my original use of the word
>>> "hopeful" that someone with a "voice that matters" can give a push to
>>> either itext5 author or rpmfusion group that it would be a good thing.
>>>
>>> Thanks for giving this thread a "let's hope" flavor rather than a "ain't
>>> gonna happen so forget it" brick wall
>> Well, yes it is a fond hope because as I said, it is a fond hope. But
>> I can't make it happen because I do not know the issues that this
>> entails.
>>
>> Ranjan
>>

> I probably know less of the issues involved and understand that I am
> walking a fine line to avoid sounding like a Pollyanna
>
>>> Paul

Well, if you look at ITEXT website the software license is AGPL for
itext5, (see http://itextpdf.com/agpl), which is "Software Licenses that
are OK for Fedora", (see
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Main?rd=Licensing).

So it should be OK to use in Fedora or am I missing something?
--
Regards

Jon Ingason