pdftk

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Thu Dec 11 15:34:53 UTC 2014

On Thu, 11 Dec 2014 15:08:54 +0100 Marco Guazzone <marco.guazzone at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Regrettably it's a slightly modified AGPL and, though IANAL, it looks
> > like the problematic additional restriction is still there:
> > https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/legal/2011-June/001656.html
> >
> > Which is a pity, because I used to like pdftk and have been missing it
> > since it was dropped. Didn't know about mcpdu which Raman Gupta
> > mentioned and will check it out. Would be cool if ITEXT could be
> > brought back (think it does all the heavy lifting for pdftk), but
> > would be to be approached diplomatically as ITEXT do have a business
> > they're trying to run.
> >

> Hi,
>
> I've just tried mcpdf. Wrt pdftk is very limited as it does not
> implement a lot of functionalities (e.g. encryption,...)

And it does not support cat (very important for my primary use of merging and splitting files).

> It seems it only supports the following operations: fill_form, output, flatten
> Anyway, many of the missing functionalities are already available in iText

Ranjan

> -- Marco
> --

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on receipt. Please respond to the mailing list if appropriate. For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.