Xfce and the windows key

Derrik Walker v2.0 dwalker at doomd.net
Thu Dec 11 18:34:31 UTC 2014

On 12/11/14, 13:25, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> On F21
>
> I have not found anything in the Xfce keyboard shortcut on using the
> windows keys.
>
> The menu button seems to be working ok.
>
> The windows start button does not seem to do anything.  I would think
> it would bring down the applications menu, but it doesn't.
>
> The start button + P does bring up the monitor switcher (better than
> GNOME just rolling through the modes).
>
> Start + L does not lock the screen.
>
> Don't know of any others, but this is my experience so far. Start+L
> would be nicer than ctl-alt-del.

I've not upgraded yet, but on all versions of Fedora up to 20, xfce
spin, in the Application Menu -> Settings -> Keyboard -> Application
Shortcuts, you can add one to 'xscreensaver-command - activate'.  The
key you want is called <Super>, so I have mine configured that <Super>l
locks the screen, so if I press the Meta key ( windows/start key on
Windows systems, Apple key on Macs ), it locks the screen.

- Derrik