Fedora 21: How do I get to the Software Selection screen as shown in the Install Guide?

Jim Lewis jim at jklewis.com
Fri Dec 12 18:27:38 UTC 2014

Hello all,

  I am a bit embarrassed asking this, as it must be something simple I
overlooked. I have had no trouble installing the previous 20 versions of
Fedora, but 21 has me stumped. I am using the Fedora 21 server DVD
image, want the Mate base environment, and want to pick several add-ons.
In general I want the screen shown in section 5.4.7 of the Installation
Guide. When I attempt this the only base option is Fedora Server, and
there aren't nearly enough add-ons to pick from.

  Thanks in advance for any help on this. I would really like to start
using 21.

Jim Lewis
RHCSA
Senior Software Engineer (retired)