pdftk

Heinz Diehl htd+ml at fritha.org
Sat Dec 13 09:41:57 UTC 2014

On 13.12.2014, Ranjan Maitra wrote:

> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfsam/?source=typ_t4_highlighted
> Not clear if this satisfies OSS requirements of Fedora but it would be at least a worthwhile alternative to pdftk's functions.

The author of this package states:
"It’s the first public and testable version, don’t expect it to be
stable and production ready".

So while this may be a beginning, it's most probably not "production
ready".

Here's another program which has quite the functionality pdftk has. I
just downloaded the source and compiled it (it needs the ocaml
compiler and libs to be installed and some hackery in the makefiles):

http://community.coherentpdf.com

Will give it a try since I heavily depend on pdftk functionality
(alternatively, I'll use a Windows 7 machine at work to do the pdf merging).