f21 raid problem

Mike Wright nobody at nospam.hostisimo.com
Mon Dec 15 02:46:40 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I just tried an f21 installation with Fedora-Server onto brand new NAS
quality 1TB drives. During the disk setup portion I selected "Modify",
then "Raid Type", then "1".  Everything went smoothly.

It wouldn't boot.  Easy fix.  grub2 installed to sda but sdb was the
last disk recognized by the BIOS.  Specified "Boot from sda" to the BIOS
and it came up.  grub2-install /dev/sdb.  Now I can boot from either sda
or sdb.

But there's a hitch.  During boot it pauses for a while then issues an
error message...

   error: failure reading sector 0x3b0 from `fd0'
   error: failure reading sector 0x0 from `fd0'

...then proceeds to boot.  This happens regardless of which disk it
uses.  Install f21 to each of the drives separately and neither shows
errors.

It seems almost impossible that both would have identical bad sectors.
And why are the errors reported from floppy drive 0?.

Didn't see anything like it on bugzilla but my bugz-foo isn't very good.
  Anybody seen anything like this?  Any ideas how to proceed from here?

Thanks,
Mike Wright