selinux relabel at boot

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 19:03:55 UTC 2014

On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 13:36:08 -0500
Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> There should be an indicator on the screen telling you the progress of
> the relabel.

I don't remember for sure, but I think there was just a cylon eyeball
bouncing asterisks, not anything telling me about progress.

> DId this machine have a HUGE number of files on it?  SELinux should take
> about as much
> time as a find /  on a system.

It was a copy of a virtual disk image that had the fedora workstation
ISO installed on it, so how ever many files that is :-). All I did
was edit a few UUID and msdosNN partition identifiers in grub.cfg
and fstab, then booted into it via configfile from a functioning grub.