firewall-config has many broken dependencies.

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sat Dec 20 20:53:01 UTC 2014

poma writes:

> On 20.12.2014 21:14, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> > poma writes:

> >> ssh

> >> of

> >> be

> mouse

> >> Fedora-Server-netinst-x86_64-21.iso
> >> - Minimal Install
> >>   yum install firewall-config xorg-x11-xauth urw-fonts
> >
> > Nope, that made no difference. firewall-config is still broken, the same
> way.
> > It's not the fonts, some widget toolkit is missing. The widgets for the
> > individual buttons in the two ribbons are not being rendered, just their
> > labels.
>
> Be sure, what I wrote works.

Well, if you'd want to install from scratch, most likely. However, I'm more
interested in fixing my existing server, rather than installing a new one.

You can pretty much give this same answer to every problem: something's not
working right? Reformat the hard drive, and reinstall.

It's quite disappointing to see the "BSOD? Reformat the hard drive and
reinstall Windows" mindset establishing some mind share in Linux.