Getting onto HP2207

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Sun Dec 21 19:40:40 UTC 2014

	I have an old Dell PowerEdge SC1420, which ceased to be a server
or to have any form of RAID when I inherited it. Over the years, I've run
many releases of Fedora on it, one or two of CentOS, and I disremember
what all else on it.

	Some OSs figure out my HP w2207h monitor on contact, even from
behind the KVM switch where I normally keep it; the last few Fedora
releases have been good about that, iirc.

	Some OSs don't while behind the switch, but do if I shut
everything down and connect the Dell directly and alone to the
peripherals.

	Some OSs never get it; I have had to tinker endlessly with
xorg.conf a/o grub.conf.

	But now F21 doesn't get it, and I can't seem to find a file that
will let me tell it there is such a thing as a 27" 1680x1050 terminal.
(The only plausible candidates so far open with DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE,
and a reference to the other files that set them; but I'm drawing a blank
about any way to reset the setting files.)

	Clue, please?

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
Remember I know little (precious little!) of where up is.