Saving ios data -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Dec 23 19:50:11 UTC 2014

On 12/23/14 13:17, Joe Zeff wrote:
> Go to the Account settings for this email address and uncheck the box
> that tells it to compose messages in HTML.  And, while you're at it,
> tell it to start your message below the quoted text because top
> posting is an abomination.

"uncheck the box that tells it to compose messages in HTML"

That's about like me telling you to go check that box! I exchange many
more html messages than plain text and I want it this way. Until this
version of Thunderbird I had the ability to click on plain text only and
it went that way. If this becomes a major issue I will have to change to
something else, perhaps Seamonkey?

However I just noticed "Options" at the top of the mail composition
window and there I can once again select plain text! I did that for this
message. I just did not see that before, wont miss it now that I know
it's there. Dunno if that will eliminate the color complaint?

Respond below the quoted text has been the Fedora Thunderbird default
for quite some time now and I have only done it that way for years since
to me it is logical. I used to get complaints from Windows users but
they have given up on me!

Thanks for the help,

Bob

--