Solved - Re: F21 Xfce on Asus ee900 not seeing wireless adapter

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Dec 25 16:20:01 UTC 2014

On 12/25/2014 10:54 AM, Fred Smith wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 25, 2014 at 08:37:44AM -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> <snip>
>> I just found a little tool, WiFi Radar, that is at least reporting
>> the channel, which is what I need right now.  I would like one that
>> also shows signal strength.
> iwlist scan does show you signal strength, though it's not a GUI.

Problem with iwlist scan is it tells you everything, for pages worth of
information.  Try it when there are a few APs around, then try and pick
out the couple of lines each per AP you want.  I suppose I could pipe
the output into something that would look for like Channel, ESSID, and
Quality, but I am not good at writing regular expressions to put into
grep, say.