Samsung Gs3 and F21/Xfce

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Sun Dec 28 13:55:12 UTC 2014

> On Sun, 2014-12-28 at 08:30 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> Looking back at old messages on this subject, Samsung needs MTP
>> support
>> via simple-mtpfs.  I installed this, but it is still not mounting the
>> phone.  I am getting:
>>
>> # simple-mtpfs -l
>> 1: SamsungGalaxy models (MTP)
>>
>> I would have to boot up my old system to see if I had this installed
>> or
>> not, but this obviously is not the whole story, as with it, the phone
>> is
>> still not showing as a device.
> IIRC the phone has to be unlocked in order to register.

That I know, and it is unlocked.  And it was an old message from you
almost a year ago about simple-mtpfs.

A little more digging and it seems that gnome has this automated. Xfce
seems not to have it.  Perhaps I need to reboot or somehow restart
Xfce?  I changed the automount options, and no change.  USB sticks are
not automounting; this is why I suspect a reboot or an Xfce restart is
needed?