eclipse

Mark LaPierre marklapier at aol.com
Mon Dec 29 19:58:25 UTC 2014

On 12/29/14 11:37, Angelo Moreschini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded Elipse (Gallileo) from the official repository of Fedora
> with the purpose to develop Java programs,but it doesn't look to be suitable
> to be used for developing Java programs..(it is not sensitive to the
> skill used in Java programming, i.e there is not option to create java
> classes, as also the option of compilation.., etc..).
>
> Also I don't find JDK (Java Development Kit) inside the IDE, neither in
> the menu
> Window ---> Preferences I find a possibility to add the Java capability, as
> it is wrote on the manuals of Eclipse....
>
> I don't understand, I used Eclipse on Windows OS.. and there I
> had not problem to develop Java Programs...
>
> I am confused... what it is ?
>
> What can I do to use Java in Eclipse in Fedora environment.
>
> Regards
> thank you
>
> Angelo

Hey Angelo,

Eclipse has many plugins and modules for many different programming
dialects.  You just have to find the appropriate ones for the
programming language that you are trying to use.  It might take a bit of
Googling to find out what you need to install.

I use it for C, C++, Perl, and shell script.  I had to install various
extensions and assorted stuff, especially for Perl, to get it working
the way I wanted.

Hang in there and don't despair.  It might not work out of the box but
it will work eventually.

--
    _
   °v°