Saving ios data dash

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Dec 31 10:08:02 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-12-30 at 16:33 -0500, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>  [bobg at box10 ~]$ cat
>  /home/bobg/.mozilla/firefox/iezecg4r.default/chrome/userContent.css
>
>  *
>   {
>    color: white !important;
>    background: black !important;
>    border-color: red !important;
>    -moz-appearance: none !important;}
>
> This seems to do most of what I want. I see that photographic images
> are still presented in color so many pages still contain everything
> but are more easily read with the white text on a black background and
> the red border shows that it's working.

Good to know.  A basic re-style is less likely to throw up nasty
surprises, but you are still fighting against a webpage's own styling,
which may have done all sorts of tricks to make their site work.

The borders should only appear on things that were meant to have
borders, so they should help reading things like tables, which would be
difficult with no clue as to where the table cells were, for example.

Images will be handled completely differently, and I'm not aware of any
CSS that can be applied to images.  So, if you did need to change image
rendering, I think you'll need to find some kind of image processing
plug-in.

> However I've been tracking an airline flight [UAL 4215] on
> Flightaware.com and most of the information on map presentation as
> well as the graph of altitude and speed have lost most of their
> detail. e.g. the map shows a line from KORF to KORD and nothing else.

Yes, that kind of thing is the risk you run when altering a website.
Being able to turn it on and off on the fly is probably needed.  There
is a good chance that some thing will become invisible.  Especially on
pages where the author set a foreground colour, but never bothered to
set a background colour, or vice versa, where they depended on the
default being what they expected.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.17.7-200.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Wed Dec 17 04:08:31 UTC 2014 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.