wireless is strange

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Dec 31 10:20:14 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-12-30 at 17:32 +0100, antonio wrote:
> as network is a an extension of an office network, I do not want
> anybody even see that network is extended....

That doesn't work, it doesn't do what you think it does.

As I'd already pointed out, removing the SSID doesn't hide the network.
It's still listed, for anybody who lists the surrounding networks, it's
just un-named.

For more admin fun and games, try connecting to the right network when
you're surrounded by several neighbours all running un-named access
points.  Then you might realise that the only thing you can do to make
your own networking easier, is to have a SSID showing with a name of
your own choosing.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.17.7-200.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Wed Dec 17 04:08:31 UTC 2014 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.