KVM/QEMU remote connection

Glenn Holmer shadowm at lyonlabs.org
Wed Dec 31 20:11:38 UTC 2014

I'm trying to connect to another machine using virt-manager (File/Add
Connection). I select QEMU/KVM as hypervisor, "connect to remote host",
method SSH, and a username and hostname on the remote machine. The
result is always that I get prompted for my passphrase, but then see
"authentication failed: no agent is available to authenticate". I get
this going from either machine to the other.

Virtualization is set up OK because I can run virtual machines on both
VM hosts. SSH is set up OK, I can ssh with public key in both directions
both as myself and as root. I tried "setenforce 0" on both machines to
see if SELinux was blocking it, but the result was the same.

What am I missing?

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)